International Women’s Day (IWD) is a global event that celebrates positive change for women.
Each year there is a theme to support women and this year the theme is about the unification of individuals, colleagues and communities to motivate each other and commit to accelerating equality for women.
International Women’s Day is on the 8th of March and the official hashtag for the day is #PressforProgress
Women at TAFE NSW
Women are supported and welcome at our campuses no matter their industry preference. TAFE NSW encourages and facilitates a learning environment for every student to succeed within their chosen career pathway.
Being yourself and enjoying what you do rather than doing what you think you should do is key to a successful and rewarding career.
Today, we are seeing a growing trend of female students who have shifted their mindset away from traditional professions and are succeeding in an array of industry sectors. They are true to themselves and have found happiness simply by following their passion to achieve their ultimate career.
Want some inspiration?
Here are our top 5 stories to empower you:
Men are also progressing with change and enrolling in non-traditional courses such as Hairdressing, Floristry, Child Care and Nursing.
How can I support International Women’s day as a student?
- Wear the campaign colour – purple.
- Visit your local Student Association for event information on March 8.
- Take a picture and share your commitment to the TAFENSW Facebook and Instagram pages and hashtag #BeAmbitious #PressforProgress.
- Share your love for equality and tell your classmates that your respect and support their decision in your course.
- Follow your dream and take the first step to a rewarding career by enrolling in your preferred course.
- Visit the International Women’s Day website and commit to #PressforProgress
- Have you got a success story to share with us? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org